Call for Art
GATEWAY ART SUPPORT
Call for Art Proposals
Gateway Art Support (GAS) Grants are awarded as supplementary funding to help give birth to your proposed project. GAS reserves the right to award less than the requested amount. Proposals will be evaluated based on the following (in no particular order):
creativity / interactivity / thoughtfulness / originality / excitement / inspiration
planning / feasibility / safety plan / cleanup plan / budget / past work
reflection of the “10 principles” of Burning Man
how or if the work supports the Art Theme of the event
Policies & Procedures
- Grants are intended to cover materials and transportation.
- Funding requests for renovations or extensions of existing projects are allowed.
- Performances are eligible. Pretty much anything is eligible.
- Artists should indicate whether their project can be taken elsewhere. There will be additional judging points for taking the piece to additional locations.
- Funds will be distributed within 30 days of successful execution of the project.
- The GAS art grant budget is based upon the previous year’s net income from Gateway Burners’ events, fundraisers and donations. Unallocated art funds will roll over into the following year.
- If an artist sells work created using the funds of a GAS grant, the granted amount must be returned to GAS due to 501(c)(3) requirements.
- Artists must provide photos, write a short summary and agree to release the same for publicity purposes, including but not limited to Gateway Burners’ website. Failure to do so may result in award reduction.
- Gateway Burners and/or Gateway Art Support reserves the right to reproduce any and all imagery related to the Gateway Burn for promotional purposes only. All reasonable attempts will be made to give proper credit to the artists involved.
- By submitting an application, the artist agrees to the terms of this Call for Proposals.
1. execute the proposed project
2. provide photos and a short report for publicity purposes
3. include the phrase “Funded in part by the Gateway Burner’s Gateway Art Support (GAS)” on any and all promotional materials.
GAS will review your proposal and notify you in a timely manner. Do not be discouraged if you are not awarded a grant. We have limited funds and are forced to make tough decisions about where to apply them.
Proposals can be submitted electronically, using the form on our website, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Information
name / address / phone number / email address
- Project Description
detailed written description of the proposed project including funding request
visual representation / drawings / diagrams / photos / other imagery
artist bio / photos with descriptions of past work, if any
entire cost breakdown to execute the project including material, transportation, etc.
- Safety Plan
if your project could potentially hurt someone, how will you mitigate the danger?
- Clean Up Plan
if your project will make a mess, how will you clean it up?
You can email any questions you have about this process to: email@example.com